I went to the doctor yesterday for my two month check-up. Everyone was so excited to see me because I have gained so much weight - look at me. For a preemie, they said I'm doing great! I weighed 10 lbs even, was 21.5 inches long and my head circumference is 15.5 inches - all in the 25% for a FULL TERM baby! Dr. Filak is really awesome. She told mommy not to change a thing because I'm doing so well. I have a little umbilical hernia that mommy was concerned about - not to worry, Dr. Filak says it's "tiny" and should resolve on it's own by my first birthday. Mommy also asked about my diaper rash and my heat rash - neither of which concerned my doctor. She said it's just a normal part of being a newborn! We also talked about my favorite pastime - grunting! It's not a problem, may be a sign of reflux (which we are just going to watch...), and I should start cooing soon. I still haven't smiled, but I think I'm trying in that picture up there.....
Everything was going very well and I was cruisin through my check-up until Dr. Filak told us bye and left the room. Mommy didn't redress me right away, we just waited, and waited some more. Then another lady with blue eye shadow came in with some sharp objects and some little sticky strips with bugs bunny on them. She told mommy to give me kisses while she held my little legs down.... OUCH! I hate bugs bunny!

No comments:
Post a Comment